Become a Big
By becoming a Big Brother, Big Sister or Big Couple you can truly influence the life of a child, and you will both be forever changed by the experience.
Discover how you can Start Something:
- Are you at least 18 years old and a high school graduate?
- Do you have a few extra hours a week, a valid driver’s license and an insured vehicle?
- Can you make a 1 year commitment?
- Do you like kids and having fun?
- Do you live in Idaho Falls, Rigby or Rexburg?
Being a Big Brother or Big Sister is one of the most enjoyable things you’ll ever do. Not to mention, one of the most fulfilling. You have the opportunity to help shape a child’s future for the better by empowering him or her to achieve. And the best part is, it’s actually a lot of fun. You and your Little can share the kinds or activities you already like to do.
Play sports together. Go on a hike. Read books. Eat a pizza, or just give some advice and inspiration. Whatever it is you enjoy, odds are you’ll enjoy them even more with your Little and you’ll be making a life-changing impact. Volunteering just a few hours with a child can start something amazing. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeast Idaho currently serves children in Idaho Falls and Rigby.
BBBS will gather information to learn more about you.
- Application- fill out the form at the bottom of this page or call us at 523-4842
- Interview – this helps us to get to know you better; to learn about your interests, personality and preferences as well as the situation best suited for you
- Reference check
- Motor vehicle driving record check
- Home assessment
- Possible interview with significant other
- Information from another BBBS agency or other service organization where you may have volunteered.
- We take into account your interests, personality, likes, dislikes, age preference, background and location to match you with a child that will be the best fit for you.
- The process generally takes about a month, but could take longer depending on the availability of Little and preferences of both Bigs and Littles.
- We will call and tell you about the child we think is an appropriate match for you, but the final decision is yours.
- If agreeable, we then contact the parent about your profile.
- If all parties are in agreement, then you are matched with the child. Our Case Manager will work to set up a time for you to be introduced to your Little’s parent or guardian.
- Start having fun, making a difference in the life of a child, and enjoying your new friend.
Boys and Girls are waiting for a mentor like you. Just fill out the form below and we will contact you with all the information.
Apply today! Fill out the forms at the link below and e-mail to bbbsid